The following lines would need to be included in your payroll entry:
- DR is already established - as this is the gross salary expense in the operating fund.
- CR to a liability account in the operating fund- to establish that the company owes moeny out on the employees behalf - and thus reducing the CR to operating cash at this point as the net check to the employee would be lower.
- DR liability account in the operating fund for the amount of the gift
- CR operating cash
- DR to the fund getting the gift - cash account
- CR to the fund getting the gift - gift revenue account