Regardless of who pays the fee, you are probably going to be entering the Gift in the following way:
- Assume for this example that the Gift is for $50 and the PayPal fee is $4.
- The amount received is $46.
- In the Gift module create a new Gift and enter the amount as $50 to the receiving Fund.
- Enter a Non-gift amount of -$4.
- Click on the Distributions radio button and adjust the drop-downs as necessary and enter in the Fund-ids associated with the various pieces.
- If the receiving Fund is paying the fee, that Fund will be in both the Gift and Non-gift lines.
- If the Operating Fund is paying the fee, it should be entered on the -$4 line.
- On the General ledger tab, the account associated with the $46 gift should be the debit for both the Gift and Non-gift.
- The $50 should go to the appropriate revenue account and the $4 should go to the appropriate expense account.