- Log into FIMS
- There are two ways to bring up the ODBC Configuration:
- From the FIMS menu: Tools > System Utilities > Admin Utilities > SQL Tools > ODBC 92 Configuration
- Running the procedure: Tools > System Utilities > Run Procedure
- Enter the procedure name gui\system\d-odbc92.w. Leave the 2 boxes unchecked and click OK.
- The ODBC configuration screen opens.
- Host Name = name of the server (this is where the FIMS software is installed)
- User Id = your FIMS User ID. Click OK.
If you receive a series of error messages 'Unable to open file: odbcin92.log. Errno=13, (98)', then you do not have rights to edit the Windows registry. You'll need to log out of the workstation as your Windows user and log into the computer as one of the following then repeat all the above steps:
- A Windows user with administrative rights
- The local administrator Windows account - Username = administrator