- Admin > Setup > Correspondence Templates
- Select the Template you wish to copy > Merge Fields > Make a list of the merge fields used in the template you want to copy. You will need to add these fields to the new template.
- Select the record type you want to create a template under > Click New Template .
- Enter the name and description for the new template, and whether it will be used to generate printed letters, e-mail messages, or both.
- Click OK. You are prompted to choose the merge fields that you want to include in the template. Add the merge fields that are used in the template you wish to copy. Note: Since you are working with a different event, some of the merge fields you had used in the other event may not be available. Click OK . The new template is displayed.
- Return to the GIFTS Template Library (without closing the template), and highlight the template you want to copy.
- Click Open Template. That template is also displayed.
- Copy (Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the text from the original template to your new template.
- Delete and then re-insert each of the merge fields in the template. Important: The letter events use different "aliases" to merge data from the database, so the template may not work if you do not replace all of the merge fields. We recommend that you keep track of the merge fields you have replaced on a scrap of paper to make sure that you don't skip any. As an alternative, you can skip the merge fields when you paste text from the original template to your new template, and then add the merge fields.
- Close the templates.
- Close the Template Library.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.