- Tools > System Utilities > System Options.
- Click Editor tab.
- Scroll down to the section [System].
- Insert a line.
- Enter ImportTables=altaddress,fund,recontran,fund-rep,program,follow-up into the new line.
- Click OK to save and close.
You must have column headers in your data.
Test the utility in Test and Learn first, not in the Live database.
To run the procedure:
- Tools > System Utilities > Run Procedure.
- Enter or browse for gui\imports\d-ssimp.w.
- Click OK
- In the tool, click Next.
- Browse for your saved spreadsheet.
- Select the Worksheet tab number containing your data. This will typically be 1.
- Enter in the data range for the imported data. The From cell will most likely be A1 since the top row contains the labels, but adjust your values accordingly.
- Initially the Through cell should include the last column of your data, but you can limit the test number of rows to 1 by entering a value of 2 in the Through value row number.
- Check off the box since your first row contains the column labels.
- Click Next
- Select Fund in the table list
- Click Next
The next screen maps the columns in your spreadsheet to the columns in the table chosen in step 11.
The mapping process is to :
- Select a column in the Excel Column section
- Select the field you want that column to import into in the Data Map section
- Click Add
- Repeat for all values you want imported.
- When finished, click Save map and name and save the file.
- If you matched a column to the wrong data field, highlight the match and click Remove
- Click Next and then Finish to import the data
Correct the map and your excel spreadsheet until everything flows in correctly.
Since the map has been saved, if the imported data flowed into the correct fields and the resulting records are fine, you can easily repeat the process in the Live database and instead of mapping your data again, you can retrieve the saved map and be assured that the data will flow into the fund table correctly.