If you are receiving the above error:
- Navigate to X:\npo\oemgmt\config on the server (replacing X: with the correct drive letter) and look for a file called admsrv.lock. If this file is present, delete it.
- Go to Start>All Programs>OpenEdge>ProEnv.
- In this command prompt window, type the following separately and press enter after each one: proadsv -stop, proadsv -start
- Now type the following in the ProEnv window: dbman -start -all
If you get the following error, "Unable to locate database plugin – insure adminserver is running and is properly configured" See the following article:
- After this step completes, try connecting to FIMS.
- If the steps above do not resolve the issue, go to Task Manager\Processes and search for any processes called OpenEdge Database Server/Broker. Right-click on the process and select properties and make sure at the top of the window on the General tab that the process is called _dbutil.exe, if so end this process. You want to ensure that you are stopping just the _dbutil.exe and not another database process that can run under the OpenEdge Database Server/Broker.
- After step 6, log into FIMS database and the error should be gone.