1. Make sure everyone is out of GIFTS or GIFTS Alta.
2. Make a Backup of your database.
3. Place the ModifyDocPath6x.exe on a GIFTS workstation
4. Make sure that the GIFTS.INI file is pointing to the correct location of your database files
5. Launch the ModifyDocPath6x.exe by double-clicking
6. You will be prompted to log into GIFTS; please log in as you normally would to GIFTS or Alta
7. You will then be asked to put the Find path and Replace path. The Find path is the OLD location of your files, the Replace path is the NEW location.
8. Once complete, click OK and allow the Utility to run to completion. Your file paths for external documents will now be updated!
CAUTION: Be very careful that all of your spelling is correct; that you use consistent pathing, and make sure your Find path string is unique to the records you want to alter. Don't make it too short, or you may end up altering more records than you wanted. Please note that this utility will only update the paths in the database; you still need to actually move the files from the old location to the new location if not moved already.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.