You cannot use the '&' in field names, labels, or screen codes. If a field with an & has already been created and used to enter data, then a new field will need to be created on the Field tab (without an '&') to take the place of the old one. Then the layout will need to be re-created with the new field:
If the field name on the Field has an '&' in it:
- Run an export containing the module and FieldMaker information to be used as the basis for importing the data later.
- Include the unique identifier - profile ID code, gift number, grant number, fund ID, etc.
- Add in any FieldMaker field that has an '&' in the screen name
- Add a new field in FieldMaker Field tab keeping the values the same
- Delete the field with an & value in both the Layout and Screen tabs after exporting the data in step 1
- Re-create your Layout tab
- Commit changes in FieldMaker
- Use Tools > System Utilities > Admin Utilities > Import Record Updates to update the new field you created with the values from the old field
- Delete the field from the Layout tab and save
- On the Field tab, adjust the Label name and save
- Add the field back to the appropriate location on the Layout tab and save
- Commit the changes in FieldMaker
If you have questions on this process, please contact FIMS Support.