Add the constituent code to Tables, if needed:In order to add a constituent code to a constituent record, it must be in the Constituent Codes table in Configuration. If it isn't, you will first need to add it:
- Select Configuration, Tables.
- Select for Show.
- Highlight Constituent Codes.
- Click New Table Entry.
- Enter a Short Description and a Long Description.
- Click OK.
- Repeat for each new constituent code.
To add the constituency code to constituents one at a time:
- In Records, click Constituents.
- Open the appropriate constituent record.
- Select the Bio 2 tab for individuals or the Org 2 tab for organizations.
- Select a constituency code description from the drop-down and enter the appropriate dates.
- Repeat for each constituency code to add.
In a gift batch:
- Set up and display the constituent window in the batch and include the Constituent Code field. Note: To enter multiple constituent codes, on the Fields tab, select Constituent Code multiple times. A number will be listed after each code once it is selected.
- Enter the constituent's gift in the batch.
- With the cursor still in this row in the batch, enter the constituency code information in the constituent window.
- When finished with the batch, commit it.
To globally add the constituency code to a group of constituents:
NOTE: This option will add the constituency code to the next available row on the constituent record. To globally add Primary constituency codes, refer to the steps below to add a constituency code in Globally Add Records
In Globally Add Records (version 7.5 and higher):
- In Administration, click Globally Add Records.
- In the Add drop-down, select Constituency Codes.
- Click Include to browse to and select a query (recommended).
- Click Constituent Code Information.
- In the Global Add - Constituent Code screen, select the constituency code description. Enter the Date From and Date to, if applicable.
Note: Mark the Primary checkbox to make the code the primary constituency code.
- Click Save.
- Mark the Create control report and Create exception query checkboxes (optional).
- Click Add Now.
In Globally Change Records:
Note: Using Globally Change Records allows you to add the constituent code and Description only. You cannot add a Date From or a Date To. If this is required, use Globally Add Records instead.
- In Administration, click Globally Change Records.
- In the left frame, double-click Constituent (under the Constituent category).
- In the Show drop-down, select Constituent Codes.
- In the left frame, double-click Constituent Codes and select Add as the operator.
- Click OK.
- Click Change Now.