If one constituent should receive credit for the gift (e.g. if the check is in that constituent's name):
- Add one gift for the entire donation amount to the constituent that should receive credit for the gift. Consult with your accountant if you are unsure whom should receive credit.
- Add soft credits for the other constituents, distributing the credit evenly if appropriate.
- Click Save and Close on the gift.
If a single payment was made from a bank for a sale of stock:
- Add a stock gift for each constituent that donated stock. The gift amount for each gift should be the value of the unsold stock each constituent donated.
- Sell the stock gifts, entering sale amounts that correspond to the value of the stocks each constituent donated.