Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
- Create a constituent query of the appropriate constituents.
- Create a constituent export in Excel or Comma-Separated Value format. On the Output tab, select in this order:
- Biographical, Import ID
- Biographical, Last Name
- Spouse, Biographical, Last Name
- Open the export file in Excel.
- Delete the first row if it contains headers.
- Place the cursor in cell D1 and enter the following:
- Copy this all the way down Column D.
- Sort the spreadsheet by this column.
- If you are looking for spouses whose last names are the same, delete all of the Nos. If you are looking for spouses whose last names are different, delete all of the Yeses.
- Place the cursor in cell A1, insert a row, and enter the following in cell A1: ImportID.
- Save the file in Comma-Separated Value (CSV) format.
- In The Raiser's Edge, click Admin, Import.
- Create a new constituent import.
- On the General tab, select Update existing records and browse to and select the file created above. On the Summary tab, select Create an output query of the records updated. Leave everything else set to the defaults.
- Click Import Now. When prompted, name the query. This is the query of the spouses whose names are the same (or different).