- In Administration, select Import, highlight the type of import file you wish to create, and click New Import.
- On the General tab:
- Select Create Import File.
- If exporting information for all records in the database, include All Records. To export information for only a selected query of records, click Include, choose Selected Records, and browse to and select the appropriate query.
- To include all fields available for that import type, mark Include all fields in the import file. To include some of the fields available for that import type, mark Include selected fields in the import file. To see the fields available in that import file, after entering the file name, select the Fields tab. If all fields is selected, every field from each of the categories listed will export.
- Enter a file name and location for the file to be created.
- Use Import ID as the record identifier.
- If you select Include selected fields in the import file on the General tab, select the fields to export on the Fields tab. Otherwise, skip this step.
- On the Summary tab, check the box to create a control report.
- Click Create Now to begin the export process.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.