Action (version 7 only)
- Based on the action records on the Action tab of a constituent record
- For example, if you schedule a meeting with 20 of your organization's volunteers and want to print a quick list with their names, you can use an action query to group the records on which you entered this meeting as an action.
Appeal (version 7 only)
- Based on the appeal record<
- For example, the Development Director for your organization wants to locate all appeals with outstanding expenses. You can use the appeal query to group this appeal information and export the results for further analysis.
Campaign (version 7 only)
- Based on the campaign record
- For example, one of your board members wants his company to match the amount donated to your organization's Literacy Campaign and requests information about certain solicitors for your campaigns. You can use a campaign query to group this information for the board member.
- Based on the constituent record
- Includes both individual and organization records
- Gives you access to all fields you will find in other query types
- Includes filters such as summary information fields, first gift, last action, gift and relationship
- Gives you a complete picture of the entire constituent record, including information about gifts, relationships, membership, and actions
- For example, you want to change the area codes for all donors (both individual and organization constituents) who reside or are based in the Miami area. You can use a constituent query to group these records
- Based on the event record and is available only when you have the optional module Event Management
- For example, you are finalizing your Annual Conference preparations and want to see if any of your concurrent conference events have the same participants registered for them. You can use an event query to group all participants with scheduling conflicts.
Fund (version 7 only)
- Based on the fund record
- For example, you are preparing the book of acknowledgments for the Youth Literacy Campaign and want to make sure you mention the total amount of donations to all the campaign funds. You can use a fund query to group and list these records.
- Based on the gift record
- Filters such as first gift, last gift, and summary information fields are not available
- For example, you are preparing for your organization's board meeting and need a list of all gifts donated to the Annual Fund this year. You can use the gift query to group and list these records.
- Based on the individual constituent record and does not include organization records
- For example, your organization is planning the Annual Banquet and the Development Director wants to invite all individuals who have not bought a ticket for the Annual Banquet in two years. You can use the individual query type to group these individuals and export their mailing information to create an invitation letter.
Jobs (version 7 only)
- Based on the job record and is available only when you have the optional module Volunteer Management
- For example, you are planning a training session for your volunteers and need to know how many of them have CPR certification listed as a job qualification. You can use the job query type to group these volunteer records.
Member (version 7 only)
- Based on the membership record and is available only when you have the optional module Membership Management
- For example, you are updating the membership status of your constituents and need to know which constituents have memberships expiring this month. You can use the membership query type to group those records.
- Based on the organization constituent record and does not include individual records
- For example, you are planning a new matching gift campaign and want to see how many of your constituents are matching gift organizations. You can use an organization query to group and list these records. You can then use this list to send out announcements about your new program.
Participant (version 7 only)
- Based on the participant information found on the Participant tab of the event record and is available only when you have the optional module Event Management.
- For example, the Finance Director for your organization wants to know how many of the Annual Conference participants will receive the early registration discount. Early bird registrants need to register by the close of the business day on May 30th. You can use a participant query to group all individuals who paid their registration by the early bird registration deadline.
- Is based on the relationship information on the Relationship tab of the constituent record
- For example, Mother's Day is approaching and your organization has decided to send roses to all mothers listed as constituent relationships in your database. You can use the relationship query to group and list all mothers in your database.