The Delete Phones plug-in globally deletes phone numbers by phone type or deletes phone types for which there is no corresponding phone number. This plug-in does not delete the phone type from the Phone types table in Configuration.
Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
If your software is hosted through Blackbaud Hosting Services, refer to How to run a plug-in in a hosted environment.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
- Log in to the workstation as a administrator rights. Note: If you are currently logged in to The Raiser's Edge, exit and sign out before proceeding.
- Download the appropriate plug-in for your version of The Raiser's Edge:
- Save the EXE file to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Raiser's Edge installed.
- Double-click the EXE file.
- When prompted, unzip the files into the \Plugins folder on the workstation. (The default path is C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7\Plugins.) The EXE file is a self-extracting zip file which contains a DLL and a VBD file.
- Register the DeletePhones.DLL file on the workstation.
- Have all other users exit and sign out of The Raiser's Edge.
- Log into The Raiser's Edge.
- Click Plug-Ins from the navigation bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Click the Delete Phones link.
- Follow the prompts.