1. Add a new phone type
2. For the phone number format, choose None
3. Manually enter the phone format
Enter the phone number preceded by a comma (e.g. ,011-455-1111). This disables the auto format.
Enter the phone number preceded by a plus sign.
- If <None> is selected for the Phone number format, then the phone number will not auto format and remain exactly as entered.
- If a format other than <None> is selected for the Phone number format, then the phone number may or may not automatically re-format based on the number of digits placed after the + sign.
- If ten digits follow the plus sign, +0114551111 will automatically format to 000+0114551111.
- If seven or eight digits follow the plus sign, the number will remain as entered and not automatically re-format.
It is recommended that organizations establish a policy decision about which method is preferred and educate users about the policy in order to maintain data entry consistency among users.