A handy Raiser's Edge user preference is the save confirmation dialog box, which is a message popping up saying "record saved." If you are hearing a sound when that happens, here's how to change the sound or stop it from happening:
- Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Sounds
- Select Asterisk, which is one of the Windows Events sounds
- Either select another wave sound (WAV) file, which you can listen to by clicking Preview, or select None
- Select Tools, User Options from the menu bar.
- Select the General tab, and unmark the Show save message when a record is saved checkbox.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.