- In your CSV file, put all address lines into one field
- Use /n to denote the separate address lines and ensure that there are no spaces before or after the /n
For example, importing the following address:
123 Main Street/nApt. B
123 Main Street
Use this header record:
|123 Main Street/nApt. B||Charleston||SC||29414|
- If the address lines are importing incorrectly, refer to Address imports with /n or a square in the address lines(BB40923)for troubleshooting information.
- If the address lines are separated in multiple fields in your original data file, refer to How to concatenate two address lines with /n in Microsoft Excel.
- For a sample file for The Raiser's Edge, refer to How to import constituent name and address.
Note: The symbol for a carriage return <CR> cannot be used in The Raiser's Edge to replace the /n.