To globally add an appeal response to a group of appeal records:
1. Create a Constituent Appeal export
2. Export the below fields:
Constituent Information > Import ID
Appeal > Import ID
For each Constituent, enter the number of Appeals to export: 1
Include these Appeals (only select the appeal that you are updating the response for)
Appeal > Response
3. Import the fields back in as a constituent appeal import, choosing to update existing records.
- To query on the constituents who have an appeal with a gift associated, but no response, create a constituent query. Criteria: (Assigned Appeal ID not blank AND Assigned Appeal Response blank) AND Gifts > Appeal ID not blank.
- Use a Constituent Appeal Import to create your import file with required fields (ImportID, CAPImpID, CAPAppealID, CAPResponse).
- Update the Response in the CSV file.
- Import using the Constituent Appeal Import to update existing records.
Create a Gift User-defined Business Rule that will prompt a user to go back and manually update the Appeal Response after adding a new gift.