Blackbaud Point of Sale and RMS Store Operations Service Packs 2 and 3
Blackbaud has identified a compatibility issue between Blackbaud Point of Sale and Retail Management Systems 1.2, Service Pack 2 and Service Pack 3. We are working to correct the issue. In the meantime, if you use Blackbaud Point of Sale, do not install Service Pack 2 or 3 for RMS Store Operations version 1.2.
Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
For complete instructions, refer to the Point of Sale Guide.
For Raiser's Edge clients, download and install Blackbaud's Point of Sale 7.7, which is compatible with The Raiser's Edge 7.7, Microsoft Retail Management Systems (RMS) version 1.2, and Microsoft Retail Management Systems version 1.1.
- Download and extract the installation files:
- Download Blackbaud's Point of Sale 7.7.
- Save RE77POS.exe to the local hard-drive of the computer that currently runs, or will run (in the case of first time installation) Blackbaud's Point of Sale
- Double-click RE77POS.exe to unzip the file. RE77POS.exe is a self-extracting zip file containing the files needed to install Point of Sale 7.7. The files unzip into a RE77POS folder.
- Install the Point of Sale software:
- Browse to the RE77POS folder created from download and double-click Setup.exe to begin the installation. If using a CD, insert the CD and the Welcome screen appears.
- Click Next and follow the prompts to complete the installation
- Configure Retail Management Systems (RMS) for use with Blackbaud's Point of Sale:
- Open Store Operations Manager
- Select File, Configuration from the menu bar
- In version 1.2 and above, click the captions button and select the Customer tab. In prior versions, select the Customer Fields tab.
- Add the following fields in the appropriate column
- RE Record # - Text Column (Required as the first text field)
- Constituent ID - Text Column
- Membership Level - Text Column
- 1st Table Attribute - Text Column
- Class of - Numeric Fields
- Start Date - Date Fields
- End Date - Date Fields
- Date Last Printed - Date Fields (Required as the first date field)
- 1st Date Attribute - Date Fields
- Save and log out of Store Operations