The option to check spelling and grammar works only before merging the document. If you have already merged letters, try one of the following options to run spell check:
- Click Send to Word Merge wizard from within The Raiser's Edge.
- Create or modify your merge document as desired.
- Run spell check before clicking the option to save and return to The Raiser's Edge 7.
- Perform the merge.
- In the Microsoft Word document, click Save.
- Highlight the text to be spell checked (or use CTRL-A to highlight the entire document).
- Select Tools, Language, Set Language...
- In the Language screen, select English (U.S.) in the top frame and unmark the Do not check spelling or grammar checkbox.
- Mark the checkbox and then unmark it again.
- Click OK.
- Copy the merged document and paste it into a plain text editor, such as Notepad.
- Copy the text from the text editor.
- Paste the plain text into a new Word document and then check spelling and grammar.