Try each of the following steps in order until the issue is resolved:
- Ensure that the workstation and server meet minimum system requirements.
- Allow the report time to process. If needed, let it run during lunch or overnight. An error will occur if there is a problem with the report.
- Run the report from another workstation or at the server.
- Select filters for the report (e.g. the Filters tab or clicking Include, One Record on the General tab).
- Simplify the filters as much as possible. For example, if it is possible to select only two filters instead of 10, the report processing time may improve.
- If using a query to filter the report:
- Update the database statistics using the Blackbaud Management Console.
- Stop and restart the database engine.
- Print preview the report before printing.
- Recreate the report.
- Confirm you can print from other applications. If not, refer to How to troubleshoot a printer problem.
- Install a different printer driver.
- If using a network printer, use the workstation's driver instead of the server's driver.
- Delete temporary files.
- Empty the Recycle Bin.
- Disable the virus scanning software such as McAfee or Norton.
If the issue still occurs, refer to How to troubleshoot performance issues.