Note: Support for Accounting for Nonprofits 6 ended December 31, 2007. Support for Student Billing 6 and Payroll 6 with The Financial Edge ended September 30, 2008. The Financial Edge, version 7 of our accounting software, is a benefit of your Blackbaud maintenance plan. We offer several customizable options to help you convert to The Financial Edge. Please contact your account manager.
- In the conversion screen, exit the conversion process.
- Open each bank account in Accounting for Nonprofits.
- Change the cash account on all of the banks but one so each bank has a unique cash account.
Example: Assume you are using the second account segment as the account number code for the conversion process. If your Accounts Payable bank uses 01-1100-05 for its cash account and Student Billing uses 01-1100-06 for its cash account, then these are considered the same cash account because '1100' will be defined as the cash account code for The Financial Edge. One of these accounts must be changed in version 6 prior to converting.
- Run the GL pre-conversion utility again and convert the data to The Financial Edge.
- In The Financial Edge, open each bank account with a changed cash account number and mark is as inactive.
- From the main Banks page, select the bank account with the correct cash account and click Edit account details.
- On the Banks tab, define the appropriate account information in the Account Setup grid on the bottom of the screen.
- Create adjustments so that the balance on the one bank account includes the activity of the other bank accounts.
For information on preparing bank accounts to convert with separate cash accounts, refer to How to prepare your bank accounts for conversion (BB187340)