Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Download and run the OperationsImportWizard.exe utility, which imports data (i.e., inventory, customers, suppliers, and aliases) from your existing Point of Sale (POS) systems into Microsoft Retail Management System (RMS).
Note: This is a Microsoft utility and we are providing the third-party utility in an effort to help you resolve your issue. We are not responsible for the operation of this utility.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the utility.
To run this utility, follow these steps:
- Download OperationsImportWizard.exe
- Save OperationsImportWizard.exe to the local hard drive on any RMS workstation.
- Double-click OperationsImportWizard.exe
- When prompted, unzip the files into the Store Operations folder on the workstation (usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations.
OperationsImportWizard.exe is a self-extracting zip file that contains the files: QSCImp.exe, which is the import utility and QuickSell Import.chm which contains detailed instructions for running the utility
Note: QuickSell Commerce was recently acquired by Microsoft and their documentation has not been updated with the new name of the product, Microsoft Retail Management System (RMS). The Help file that comes with the utility refers to QuickSell Commerce but the instructions are the same for RMS.
- Have all users log out of RMS
- Click Start, Run.
- Type C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations\QSCImp.exe and click OK (where C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations represents the location to which you saved QSCImp.exe in step 4).
- Follow the prompts on the Import Wizard
Note: For detailed instructions on using the utility to import data, refer to the Help file (QuickSell Import.chm) that comes with the utility. The QuickSell Import.chm will be located in the same location as the QSCImp.exe.
Microsoft's disclaimer: Note Although the Store Operations Import Utility has been tested, Microsoft Business Solutions does not warrant that the functions contained in the Store Operations Import Utility will meet your requirements or that the operation will be uninterrupted or error free. The Store Operations Import Utility is and will remain a beta product and will not be supported by Microsoft Business Solutions. The Store Operations Import Utility is provided for your convenience on an as-is basis only. Please do not contact Microsoft Business Solutions for support on this utility.