Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
If you are new to importing, please review How to import (BB58904) before proceeding.
Instructions on doing this in version 7.60.740 and above:
- Create a data file or use an existing file with these headers:
SBSRImpID (this is the Spouse Relationship Import ID)
SBImpID (leave this field blank, the system will populate it)
SBOrgName (this is the name of the Organization where the spouse has a relationship, this field is required)
SBIsContact (populate with a Yes or No)
SBIsPrimary (populate with Yes)
SBRecip (populate with the Reciprocal Relationship desired, i.e. Employee)
SBRelat (poplate with the Relationship desired, i.e. Employer)
Although headers are not required in The Raiser's Edge 7, we recommend using them. Otherwise, you must manually map the fields in the data file to the corresponding fields in The Raiser's Edge. You can save the file in any delimited format or in fixed length.
Note: In Excel, use Text as the column type fields with a leading zero. Otherwise, Excel drops the leading zeros.
- If necessary, include other fields in the data file that are available for this import type.
Note: Not all fields can be imported with all import types; for example, gifts cannot be imported with constituent information. Refer to the Organization Relationship Fields section of the Import Guide (PDF) for a list of available fields (layout table) and for what each is used.
- In Import, select Spouse Business from the Constituent node. Click New and select the following parameters. For more information on what these parameters mean, refer to How to import in The Raiser's Edge 7 - The Basics of Importing (BB58904).
- What do you want to do? Import new records
- What file to you wish to import? Browse to the import file
- How do you want the system to identify existing constituents? Use the Import ID*
- What is the format of this import file? Delimited
File Layout Tab:
- Field Separators and Text Qualifiers: Comma, Quotation
- Import Field Names: Field names are on the first line of the import file
- Sample Import Format: Verify the first few rows of the import file
Fields Tab:In the Import Fields frame, verify that all rows in the Field to Import column are correctly mapped to the corresponding field in the Raiser's Edge Field column. Also, pay attention to the Extensions column. Groupings of phone number fields in the import file must share the same extension.
Summary Tab:We recommend marking all available checkboxes. At the very least, mark the Create control report option.
* When creating a data file (steps 1 and 2), you can use the constituent ID or Social Security number instead of the import ID for the unique identifier. Use the same field in the How do you want the system to identify existing constituents? frame in Step 4.
Note: In Excel, use Text as the column type for Import ID or Social Security number. Otherwise, Excel drops the leading zeros.