You can create a static query of gifts not posted because of the closed accounting period by marking the Create exception query of gifts to be posted to closed accounting periods checkbox.
If the gifts have already been posted, determine which accounting periods are hard or soft closed.
- If the period has only been soft closed:
- Open the soft closed period in general ledger
- Post the transactions from The Raiser's Edge
- Re-close the period in general ledger
- It is not possible to post to a fiscal period that has been hard closed. To query on gifts posting to closed accounting periods, do the following:
- Create a Gift query
- On the Criteria tab select Gift Information, GL Post Status = Not Posted AND Gift Information, GL Post Date between [the date range of the hard closed fiscal years]
- Select the Output tab and select the appropriate fields, such as Gift ID, Constituent First and Last Name, etc.
- Save this query
- Globally change the Post Date using this query