- Open the appropriate mailing function such as Donor Acknowledgement Letters
- Go through each tab and enter the appropriate information
- Click Merge.... The Microsoft Word Mail Merge Wizard appears.
- Click Next on the Welcome screen (the first screen). The Raiser's Edge exports the appropriate information (as selected on the Fields to Include tab).
- Select whether to perform a simple mail merge or a conditional mail merge. For more information on simple and conditional merges, refer to What is the difference between a simple and conditional mail merge? (BB151232).
- Follow the prompts in the Mail Merge Wizard (for instructions refer to the solution in step 5)
- When prompted, click Create merge document. Microsoft Word opens.
- In the Microsoft Word document, insert the appropriate merge fields.
- Enter the conditional statement
- Click the Save and Return to RE7 button on the toolbar
- Click Finish in the Mail Merge Wizard in The Raiser's Edge
- Give the document a name and click OK
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.