You can import Accounts Payable invoices that distribute to multiple General Ledger accounts by preparing the import file and establishing the import parameters as follows:
- Create an import file and mark the Include required fields in the file option.
Note: The import may not include all fields designated as required by your organization's setup. For example, if you require projects on some funds, you may need to add fields for those additional required fields.
- Create the import parameters.
- Add only one or two invoices to your file and test your import. A small file will validate and import more quickly than a large one.
- On the General tab, mark the Validate data only option to test your data file.
- On the Fields tab, ensure that the extension column has the same value for each field required for the distribution. In this example, amount, account number, and project are required on each distribution. For single distributions the extension must be '00', each additional distribution line will increase by one (01 for the second line, 02 for the third line, etc).
- Ensure that your file has columns for the maximum number of lines you are importing. In this example, no invoice will have more than three General Ledger distribution accounts.
- Select the Options/Summary tab to review the import parameters.
- Select File, Save As from the menu bar and name the import.
- Click Validate Now.
- Click View Control Report to view any exceptions.
- If any required fields are missing, add them to your import file and import parameters and repeat steps 2-6.
- When your import validates successfully, unmark the Validate data only option and click Import Now.
View a sample data file (InvImport.csv) which is set up to import three invoices, numbers YA45, YA46, and YA47.
Note: If you enter descriptive field information in your import file, you can still specify that field names are not included in the file. Each line of the description will show as an exception, but the file will still import successfully.