- Open Store Operations Administrator
- On the Database menu, click Backup
- On the Save As window, select the drive and folder in which to save the backup file
- In the File name box, enter the name to save as the name of the backup file
- In the Save as type box, select Backup files (*.bck) type
- Click Save. The Backup/Restore window appears and displays the backup progress.
- If the database saves successfully, a screen notifies you that the backup is complete. Click OK.
Save the backup file on a device other than the disk drive that contains your operating database. When necessary, use this backup file to restore lost data.
The location in which the Store Operations database is saved needs to be accessible by both Store Operations Administrator and SQL Server; otherwise, you cannot create or back up the database. The path that you are saving the database to should be the path as seen by SQL Server - in other words, the location where the database is stored is recognized from the perspective of SQL Server. It is necessary that the server has write access to the location.
Note: Automated backups can be performed via the SQL Server Enterprise Manager. For complete instructions, refer to the Microsoft article SQL Server 2000 Backup and Restore or Back Up and Restore Databases (MSDE) using the OSQL utility.
Please contact the appropriate software vendor or IT professional for assistance with this process or issue, which is beyond Blackbaud's scope of support.
Note: We provide links to third-party websites in an effort to help you resolve your issue. We are not responsible for the information on third-party websites, and we cannot assist in implementing the solutions on these websites.