The following are instructions for creating a new database in SQL Server versions. .
- Contact your account representative to request the additional database
- At the server, verify the Blackbaud Management Console is closed
- Copy the birthday file to the program's installation directory. The default paths are:
- [path]\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Financial Edge directory for The Financial Edge
- [path]\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Education Edge directory for The Education Edge
- [path]\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7 for the Raiser's Edge
Note: Make sure that the file name saves with the '~' sign in the beginning of the file name and a file extension of .exe, and verify that the file is not marked as read-only once it has been saved.
- Open the BMC (Blackbaud Management Console)
- For new installations, the first time you open the Blackbaud Management Console (Blackbaud Management Console), you will be prompted to create a new database. If so, proceed to the next step. Otherwise, highlight the product name in the left frame and click Create New Database
- Click Next to view the License Selection screen
- Mark the checkbox in the Available licenses frame and verify the Details frame lists the correct database information. Click Next.
- Select the appropriate server option and click Next
Note: If selecting another SQL Server instance select the appropriate server name and options and click Next
- Select the path for the database to be created in. If the path does not exist, type the new path in this field and you will be prompted to create it after clicking Next.
- Enter a name for the database and click Next.
- Once the database is created, click Finish.
- Log into the new database on the server as Supervisor
- Login from each workstation to verify the new database is listed. If a workstation does not recognize the new databases, manually update the workstation.
Note: You may receive the error, "No license Found" if the steps above are not followed exactly how they are written.