If importing new constituents (including marking the Import records not found as new records checkbox when updating existing constituents):
- Include the Key Indicator field in the data file. It can be added in Excel:
- Open Excel
- Click File, Open
- Browse to and select the data (import) file
- Insert a column and type KeyInd in the first row. (This is the header.)
- In this column, enter I for individuals or O for organizations. If the constituents are of the same type, you can type I or O in the second row and drag it to all the way down the column to the last row with data.
- In the Import parameters, select the Fields tab and ensure the KeyInd field is mapped to KeyInd