Interim or cumulative grades can be tracked by posting to interim marking columns created in Registrar's Office. Even though teachers will not have access to the interim marking columns in their gradebooks, they can view all marking column grade information entered in Registrar's Office for the selected academic year by clicking History on the grade entry grid.
- Select the marking column that teachers will use to enter their grades in Faculty Access for the Web, for example Semester 1.
- Create the interim marking columns for this Semester, for example 1st Progress, 2nd Progress [Version 7]
- Hide the 1st Progress and 2nd Progress marking columns from teachers in Faculty Access for the Web because teachers will enter all grades in the Semester 1 marking column.
- At the time of the first progress report, post grades from Faculty Access for the Web [Version 7]. Post from Semester 1 to 1st Progress.
Mark the course as Not Ready after posting.
- Continue adding grades in the Semester 1 marking column.
- At the time of the second progress report, post from Semester 1 to 2nd Progress [Version 7]. Mark the course as Not Ready after posting.
- Finish entering grades for the Semester 1 marking column
- Post grades from Semester 1 to Semester 1
This allows the teachers to track what the interim grades were for a student at the intervals their school has defined. The grade will continue to change in Faculty Access for the Web, but the grades recorded in Grades will be a snapshot at that specific time.
Note: If teachers want to record comments for each progress report, the Supervisor can grant teachers rights to an interim marking column (such as 1st Progress) for a limited time. The Supervisor can then post the interim comments to the interim marking column (such as 1st Progress) in Registrar's Office.
For complete information about Faculty Access for the Web, review the documentation: