NOTE: Beginning with Raiser's Edge version 7.82, AddressAccelerator must be unlocked before use.
If your organization has not purchased the AddressAccelerator add-on module, contact your account representative.
If you have purchased the add-on module, generate the unlock code online using the Unlock Code Generator.
If the issue occurs for one user on their workstation:
- Right click on The Raiser's Edge > Properties > Compatibility and un-mark Run this program in compatibility mode for: if it is selected
- Add a new user name with the same security rights as the problem user
- If this corrects the issue, review What to consider before deleting a user name and delete the problem user name, if appropriate
If the issue occurs for multiple users:
Try each of the following steps in order until the error is resolved:
- If you downloaded the file, the valid dates are part of the downloaded file name. For example, if the file is called addaccusfeb_mar.exe, this file is out-of-date as of April 1. If this is the case, download and install the current version.
- Verify the location of AddressAccelerator files in User Options is correct. If it is, try mapping to another location and then going back to the correct one. If the files cannot be accessed from a network server, install the AddressAccelerator files locally to each workstation that will be utilizing them
- Log in as local administrator, and validate an address to have the postal tools automatically updated on the workstation
Note: Once the postal tools have been updated, local admin privileges are not required for address validation.
- Update/Repair AddressAccelerator on the problem workstation by double-clicking Update.exe from the AddressAccelerator folder on the workstation where it is installed. If the Update.exe was copied to a shared network drive, rather than being copied onto the workstation, copy the Update.exe file to the workstation and run it. (This file is named CAUpdate.exe for Canadian AddressAccelerator.)
- Give the user full permissions to the directory in which the data files reside (i.e. the path determined in step 2) as well as to the MRTKKEY.ini and MRTK[COUNTRY].ini files created in the \WINNT or \Windows directory. Note: If USA, the MRTK file will be MRTK.ini.
- Reboot the workstation
- Download and run InstallFix.exe: Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before importing the registry key.
- Log in to the server or workstation as a local administrator
- Back up the registry
- Download InstallFix.exe
- Save InstallFix.exe to the local hard drive of the server or workstation experiencing the issue
- Double-click InstallFix.exe
- When prompted, unzip the file to any location on the server or workstation. InstallFix.exe is a self-extracting zip file that contains the file InstallFix.reg.
- Import the InstallFix.reg registry key by double-clicking the file with the .REG extension
- Re-run the installation or update process
- Repeat these steps on each machine experiencing the issue
- Manually edit the registry:
- Edit the Registry (BB48)
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Satori Software, Inc.\MailRoom ToolKit\Registration (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Satori Software, Inc.\MailRoom ToolKit\CARegistration for Canadian AddressAccelerator)
- Right-click on Registration and select Rename
- Rename it to OLDRegistration (or something different)
- From a functioning workstation, export the same registry key (BB520566)
- Import that registry key (BB520566) into the registry of the affected workstations
- Reboot the workstation (BB59304)
- Manually update the workstation (BB57039) by running Setup.exe from the Deploy package on the server
- Perform a clean install of AddressAccelerator and update the registry (ONLY if AddressAccelerator is installed locally on the machine):
- Uninstall The Raiser's Edge from the workstation (BB41415)
- Uninstall AddressAccelerator (BB217832)
- Edit the Registry (BB48)
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Satori Software, Inc. Right-click on the Satori Software, Inc. key and select Delete
- Reinstall The Raiser's Edge by manually updating the workstation from the Deploy package on the server (BB57039)
- Re-install The Raiser's Edge 7 on the workstation (BB202814)
- Reinstall AddressAccelerator (BB87099)
Note: Incorrect changes to registry settings can cause serious system problems that may be irreversible without reinstallation of the operating system. You must back up your registry (BB520566) before making any registry changes. We are not responsible for damage resulting from incorrect use of the Registry Editor.