To convert individual pledges to recurring gifts in Records:
For example, let's say Robert Hernandez has a $500 pledge with 10 monthly installments of $50 beginning on 12.1.2003. When you convert the pledge to a recurring gift, the amount is $50, the frequency is monthly, and the first payment is due on 12.1.2003. By default, there is no end date.
- Open the pledge and select Gift, Convert Pledge to Recurring Gift from the menu bar.
- When prompted whether you want to convert the gift, click Yes.
- The installment amount of the pledge becomes the recurring gift amount. The recurring gift schedule matches that of the pledge. There is no end date and the gift is open-ended.
To globally convert pledges to recurring gifts in Administration:
Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
- Create a gift query of the pledges to convert.
- In Administration, click Convert Pledges to Recurring Gifts.
- Click the binoculars and search for the query from step 2.
- If the pledge being converted is marked as credit card or direct debit, mark the Mark Recurring Gifts as EFT checkbox if you wish the recurring gift payments to be generated for EFT.
- Mark the checkbox to create a control report.
- Mark the output query options as needed.
- Click Convert Now to begin the process. The installment amount of the pledges become the recurring gift amounts, and the new recurring gift schedule matches that of the pledge.
- Gifts linked to Memberships cannot be converted. Gift must be unlinked prior to converting. Please refer to BB122454
- Single installment pledges and pledges with irregular installment schedules do not convert to recurring gifts.