- In SQL Server Enterprise Manager, verify the Data Files and Transaction Log are set to Automatically Grow with Unrestricted file growth
- Consider changing the database options from Full Recovery mode to Simple Recovery mode.
Note: If unable to switch to Simple Recovery mode, schedule more frequent log file backups and shrink the log file after the log file backup is done. Backing up the transaction log file dumps the contents of the log file into the database file.
Performing SQL Server backups, outside of the Blackbaud Management Console (Blackbaud Management Console), is beyond our scope of support.
- Once switched to Simple Recovery mode, wait at least five minutes to allow a checkpoint to occur, then proceed with the following steps.
- Open the Blackbaud Management Console (Blackbaud Management Console)
- Highlight the Maintenance option under the problem database
- Click Shrink Database
- Select the appropriate options and click Shrink