- The matching process is based on the exact match of the name (first name, middle initial, last name) and address (street number, street name, city, etc.).
For example, no match would be returned in the following situations (note: this list is not all-inclusive):
- Your database has Jim Smith and the NCOA database has James Smith (e.g. you are using a nickname, the USPS has his given name)
- Your database has a street address of 123 Miler and the NCOA database has 123 Miller (e.g. the street name "Miller" is misspelled in your database)
- Only United States addresses are considered
- No constituents with blank addresses are considered
- No constituents with blank names are considered