Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
In order for the Billing Cycle to close properly for all customers, both the Last Closing Balance and Accounts Receivable amounts must be equivalent.
- Using the Error Log section of the Close Billing Cycle screen, keep a record of the Customer Account Number(s) and corresponding Accounts Receivable balance(s). You will need this record when attempting to remedy the balance discrepancy of the applicable accounts.
- Make a backup of your database
- Follow the steps listed below to correct the customer closing balance discrepancies:
- Open Store Operations Administrator
- Select File, Connect from the menu bar
- Launch a new query by selecting Query, New from the menu bar
- In the query, the value X represents the Customer's Accounts Receivable and the value Y represents the Customer's Account Number:
Note: Use the values from your record in the Error Log section of the Close Billing Cycle screen to insert into the query. You will insert the SQL statements to set the LastClosingBalance amounts equal to the Accounts Receivable balance figures for each customer account that applies.
- Your SQL statement is:
Update Customer Set LastClosingBalance = X Where AccountNumber = ' Y'
- After each statement is executed, you should receive the message:
Query Executed Successfully - 1 record(s) affected
- You should now be able to complete the Close Billing Cycle task in Store Operations Manager without error (Store Operations Manager, Journal, Close Billing Cycle)