Try each of the following steps in order until the issue is resolved:
- Confirm that the SQL Server service is started and running. To locate this service, go to Control Panel, select Administrative Tools, select Services:
- SQL Server (Name of Instance)
- SQL Server (RE_EXPRESS)
- SQL Server (FE_EXPRESS)
- Grant local administrator rights to the Windows account logged onto the Blackbaud Management Console server.
- If using SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 R2 , SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2012 R2, SQL Server 2014 or SQL Server 2016, make sure that the Windows account that is logged onto the Blackbaud Management Console server has been granted the "sysadmin" server role. For additional information, review What rights are required to use the Blackbaud Management Console.
- Un-register and re-register the SQLDMO.dll file located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\
- Open the Blackbaud Management Console, right-click on the database. Select Bring [database name] Back Online.
- If the database is already Online, detach the database and re-attach it.