The Format Editor appears when:
- You click any of the buttons on the Fields tab of the Options dialog box
- You right-click a report field and choose Format Field from the shortcut menu
- You have a text object selected and you choose Format Text, Border and Colors, Font, or Paragraph Formatting from the Format menu
- You right-click a text object and choose the Format Text, Border and Colors, Font, or Paragraph Formatting command from the shortcut menu
- You select a line, or box and choose Format Line, or Format Box from the Format menu.
Note: The formatting options available on the Format menu change depending on the type of report object you have selected.
The Format Editor contains tabs specific to the type of field specified on the fields tab of the Options dialog box, or to the type of field you selected.
For formatting options for each tab, review the following Knowledgebase articles: