Extended Database Assistance (EDA), is a term that encompasses Read Only Database Assistance (RODBA)
Note: RODBA is not available in the Blackbaud Hosting Services environment.
What is RODBA:
- RODBA provides back-end access for SQL Server databases and support resources for SQL Server Standard and Enterprise Editions. It is available for The Raiser's Edge, The Financial Edge, and Education Edge.
EDA benefits include:
- Access to User Guides
- Customer Support resources
- Extra tools within the database
- Access to SQL databases
- If you do not currently use RODBA, you will need to unlock the module. To obtain the unlock code, email your serial number and version software version to email@example.com. Add Unlock Code Request in the subject line. (Note: You can also include a clear screenshot of the Help > About The [Product Name] from the product, which will display the information requested.)
- For information on the RODBA Query Tool, refer to What is the Read-Only Database Assistance Query Tool?
- For additional information, please refer to What is the difference between VBA, API, RODBA and Open?