- In Records, Invoices, open the Invoice.
- Select the Line Items tab.
- Highlight the Line Item to change and click Open.
- Select Transaction, New Adjustment from the menu bar. Note: If the Invoice line item has already been adjusted once, the "New Adjustment" button is now located on the Adjustments tab.
- Enter the Adjustment date, New transaction amount (the amount can be the same), Adjustment post date, Reason and any applicable Notes.
Note: If the line item was converted from version 6, you will not be able to adjust the transaction amount.
- Select the GL Distribution tab and enter any new GL distribution for the invoice.
- Save and close the adjustment.
- The next time Accounts Receivable is posted to General Ledger, two sets of entries will post, reversing the original entries and posting the adjusted entries.
Note: If you only need to change the post date of a posted line item, you can delete the line item and recreate it.