- Open the report parameters.
- Select the Format tab
- Select the Sort/Break option
- Highlight the appropriate field and click the right arrow. Remove any other sorts from the right box
If the field does not appear on the Format tab under Sort/Break:
- Create a gift query and sort it using the field by which to sort the report. For example, to sort the report by the Fund ID field, add the Fund ID as the sort in the query.
- Use this query when running the Gift Detail and Summary Report
Note: Sorting by query order may not work for the Summary reports because these reports summarize by record types (campaign, fund, and appeal) that do not match the query types (constituent, gift, individual, and organization) available for the report.
- On the Format tab, select Sort/Break and select Sort by query order