- Create a static, query of the relationship records
Create a static, relationship query to pull the relationships to add as constituents. The query filters will vary based on the relationships you want to select. For example, if you want to query on all non-constituent relationships, query on Relationships, Individuals, This Individual Is a Constituent equals No.
- Export information from the relationship record
- Create an individual relationship export.
- In the Export format field, select Comma-Separated Values.
- Unmark Include Header.
- Click Create Now.
- On the General tab, click Include, Selected Records and select the query created in Step 1.
- On the Output tab, export the following fields in order:
- Title 1
- First Name
- Last Name
- Suffix 1
- Is head of household
- Constituent, Constituent Information, Import ID
- Create a Constituent Import file
- Open Excel.
- Open the file created in Part II.
- Insert two blank columns in columns A and B.
- Add the following headers in order starting with column A:
- In the ImportID column, assign constituent import IDs.
- In the KeyInd column, enter I (for individual) in the first row and copy it down for all records.
- When importing nonconstituent spouses (for example, Wendy Hernandez), assign Yes to the IRIsHH field to have the existing constituent (Robert) be the head of household. Assign No if you want the relationship (Wendy) that is being added as a constituent to be the head of household. Refer to BB520345 for information on how head of household processes.
- Move the IRLink field before all of the other IR fields in your import file. The IRLink field must precede all other Individual Relationship fields, or an exception will occur when importing.
- Click File, Save from the menu bar.
- Click Save.
- When prompted that the file already exists, say Yes to replace the file.
- When prompted that the file may contain some features that are not compatible with this format, click Yes to save anyway.
- Close the file.
- When prompted to save changes, click No.
- Import the Constituent Import file.
- Click Admin, Import
- Highlight Constituent in the Constituent node.
- Click New Import.
- On the General Tab, select or mark the following:
What do you want to do? Import new records
Mark the checkbox: Automatically Reciprocate Relationships What file do you wish to use? Browse for the file created in Step III
Note: Set Files of type to All Files(*.*) to show all file types
How do you want the system to identify existing constituents? Use the Import ID
What is the format of this import file? Delimited - Characters separate the fields
- On the File Layout tab, leave everything set to the defaults.
- On the Fields tab, the mapping should automatically fill in.
- On the Summary tab, mark the Create Control Report option and select Preview
- Click Import Now.
- Delete the duplicate relationships
- Click Admin, Globally Delete Records.
- On the General tab, select Relationships as the Record Type.
- Click Include, Selected Records and select the query created in Step 1.
- Select or mark the following:
- What do you want to do? Delete records
- How do you want to see the results? Create a control report (Preview)
- On the Delete Options tab, highlight one entry on the left-hand side, and click the double arrows moving all entries to the right-hand side.
- Click Delete Now.
Note: If you need to soft credit the new constituent records for the existing gifts made by the relationship, refer to How to import soft credits