Try each of the following steps in order until the issue is resolved:
- If the merged query appears to have too many records, refer to Why are there duplicates in the query results and how to remove them (BB61118).
- Ensure the correct queries were selected for the merge.
- Ensure the queries selected for the merge have the correct query type. For example, if you want to select constituents based on giving, the queries should have a query type of Constituent instead of Gift.
- Check the criteria of each query to be merged and ensure they are correct. Select the Results tab to ensure the correct records are selected in the queries.
- Ensure you are using the correct merge operators.
- Refresh each query if it is static.