Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Download and run the Clean Up Database plug-in, which removes temporary tables from the database. Once the plug-in is run, shrink the database. The plug-in is compatible with The Financial Edge version 7.30.413 and higher.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
To run the plug-in, follow these steps:
- Log in to the workstation as a Local Administrator
- Download CleanupDB.exe
- Save CleanupDB.exe to the local hard drive of any Financial Edge workstation.
- Double-click CleanupDB.exe
- When prompted, unzip the files into the \Financial Edge\Plugins folder on the workstation. CleanupDB.exe is a self-extracting zip file that contains the plug-in files: CleanupDB.vbd, CleanupDB.dll
- Register CleanupDB.dll on the workstation
- Have all other users Exit and Sign out of The Financial Edge
- Log into The Financial Edge
- Click Plug-Ins from The Financial Edge navigation bar
- Click Clean Up Database
- Follow the prompts to run the Plug-in
- Shrink the database