- In the Student Scheduling tasks section on the Scheduling page, click Generate student schedules.
- On the action bar, click New Generate Student Schedules or open an existing parameter.
- Select the General 2 tab.
- Mark the Fill free time with sections of checkbox.
- Click the binoculars button to search for and select a course.
- Click Schedule Now.
Note: To prevent Generate student schedules from mistakenly enrolling students in multiple sections of a course:
- Create only one class for each course to be assigned no meeting times
- Use the Add Course to Free Periods option only after you confirm all selected students have no unfulfilled course requests
- Confirm all classes assigned meeting times have the correct meeting times