- Open the Blackbaud Management Console (BMC), under Installed Products, [product name], Databases select/highlight the database in question. In the Properties section to the right, make note of the database description that shows in the Description field.
- Edit the Registry
- Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Blackbaud\ (32-bit operating systems); or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Blackbaud (64-bit operating systems)
- For The Raiser's Edge, look for any keys beginning with REINI_, such as REINI_1 (production database) or REINI_50 (sample database)
For The Financial Edge, look for any keys beginning with AFNINI_, such as AFNINI_1 (production database) or AFNINI_50 (sample database)
- Expand the selected key (such as REINI_1 or AFNINI_1) from Step 4 above and then select the General key
- Verify that the name in the DB_Description key is the database description obtained from the BMC in Step 1 above.
- Look for the String Value called DSN, located to the right and under the Data column, it will display the name of the DSN being used by the database.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.