- Go to http://www.dnsstuff.com/. The following screen appears:
Note: This is only a partial screen shot of the entire page. We entered blackbaud.com into the appropriate boxes for illustration purposes.
- Enter the hostname in the DNS Lookup box (outlined in fuschia in the screen shot) and select CName from the drop-down menu before clicking Lookup. After clicking Lookup, the DNS Lookup: CNAME Record results page appears:
Note: This page may appear slightly different if you have a CNAME. The # signs in the screen shot represent IP addresses.
- If there is a CNAME, go to step 3 and use the returned host name in the Answer section (outlined in blue above)
- If there is no CNAME, go to step 3 and use the original host name or IP Address
- Enter the IP or host name in the Reverse DNS Lookup box (outlined in orange in the first screen shot) and click RevDNS
- A results page appears with the reverse DNS lookup:
Note: The # signs in the screen shot represent IP addresses.
- If the host name in the Answer section (outlined in green in the screen shot above) matches the host name used in step 3, the DNS is correct.
- If not, contact your IT department or qualified computer technician to correct the DNS.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.