- In Configuration>Registrar Setup> Timetables, open the Timetable that is being used by your current school and session. Create a period for the days and times during which students should be available for the common period (i.e. weekly assemblies, chapel, or other regularly scheduled school meetings)
- Restrict access to this period in all scheduling patterns (BB134808), so that classes cannot be scheduled
If attendance will be taken:
- Create a Mandatory course (BB143242)
- Create a scheduling pattern (BB134808) that will be used only for this course. To ensure that students can be enrolled in other classes, make sure that no other course uses a pattern that includes the times/periods defined for the mandatory course.
Note: Generate Student Schedules does not create student scheduling conflicts and always enrolls students in Mandatory courses before other courses. If any other course uses the same times/periods as the classes created for the Mandatory course, it will not be possible for students to be enrolled in classes of that other course.
- Schedule students for this course.
For more information, refer to the Scheduling Guide(PDF) for The Education Edge or Blackbaud Student Information System