Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Please make sure there is a current, viable back-up of your database available to you before globally changing, replacing, or deleting records.
Globally replace each constituency code separately:
Note: This is used for a group of constituents who need to have their existing constituency code replaced. For example, we can query on our Board Members to update their code from "board member" to "Board Member".
Globally replace multiple constituency codes at once:
Note: This method is to replace the constituency codes for all records that have the code(s) we are replacing. For example, we can replace "board member", "Alumni Board Member", and "Board" with "Board Member" all at once.
- Click Admin, Globally Change Records
- Select Constituent under Constituent and click New Change
- Click Include and select the appropriate query (optional but recommended)
- Select Code under the Constituency Code category
Note: You must select Code and not constituent code or the replace operator is not visible
- Select Replace for the operator
- Fill in the Constituent Code to replace and the Code to replace with
- Click Change Now to replace the Constituent Codes
- Click Config, Tables
- In the left frame, highlight Constituent Codes
- Click Table Cleanup
- In the Constituent Codes Table Cleanup screen, select the first constituent code from the drop-down. Repeat for each constituent code.
- Select the appropriate value in the Replace With drop-down
- Click Replace Now