Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Note: Membership categories can be globally changed as long as the Program and Dues amounts remain the same and the Current transaction type equals Join. Membership categories cannot be changed through a global change function when the transaction type has moved from Joined to any other type (e.g., renewal). They must be changed individually because the membership category change must be associated with an upgrade or downgrade. The global change creates a same transaction on the membership (not an upgrade or downgrade). Active memberships will generate the error message, Error: Category must be the same for a same renewal.
- Click Admin, Globally Change Records.
- Select Membership (under Membership) and click New Change.
- Click Include to select a query if appropriate.
- In the Show drop-down menu, select Memberships. In the box, select Category.
- Use Replace as the Operation.
- Select the appropriate category to be replaced as well as the category value to replace it with.
- Click OK.
- Click Change Now.